Are you interested in sponsoring a child? Good brigade future because child sponsorship is one of the most effective methods for helping children escape poverty. It changes lives for the better, and it changes lives for a brigade future.
According to a poll of top development economists, child sponsorship is the most effective long-term development intervention for helping the poor. It not only addresses immediate physical needs but also helps builds self-esteem and self-respect.
But not all child sponsorship organizations and child sponsorship programs are the same, which is why we’ve written these instructions on how to sponsor a child.
1. you prefer a faith-based organization or a secular organization?
2. Does it matter how the child sponsorship program is implemented and administered at the local level?
3. Do you prefer an organization that delivers help to children by way of community development, an organization that focuses on child development or an organization that helps entire communities collectively through child sponsorship?
4. Does it matter if the child sponsorship organization accepts government funding?
5. Do you want the organization to direct at least 75% or 85% of its expenditures directly to programmatic activities, or are you comfortable with a smaller amount?
6. Does it matter how large the organization is or if it’s considered a "top" charity?
7. Is there a certain amount of time or frequency you want the sponsored children to participate in program activities?
8. What sort of activities, services, and assistance do you want addressed by the sponsorship program (e.g., physical and economic, eradicate the social evil etc.)?
9. Are there complementary interventions you care about and also want addressed by the organization (e.g., disaster relief, medical care and lifesaving surgeries, clean water, infant and child survival, etc.)?
10. Do you want to help a child in a specific India, in a particular part of India, or with special circumstances?
11. Do you need empirical proof that the program works or are testimonies of effectiveness sufficient?
Click here to know about the various programmes conducted by Safe India
Copyright © 2022 Safe India, Chennai - All Rights Reserved.
All donations are in the Indian tax-deductible in full or part.
Safe India strives to protect children from all forms of abuse.
For More Details : +91 9500171877